Friday, April 11, 2008

21

Apparently, 21 has remained at the top of the list for the past two weeks.  I am not really sure why.  I enjoyed the movie, but I didn't think it was well put together.

My only qualm is the sluggish plot.  The story progressed so slowly, I found it hard to stay interested.  It isn't that the story wasn't worth documenting, its just I feel like a lot of screen time was wasted with cards and numbers.  

The "big names" Kevin Spacey and Laurence Fishburne didn't really help the story move any faster.  The students were well casted, however.  The two main roles: Ben and Jill were perfect.  Jim Sturgess is a favorite and Kate Bosworth has proved herself.  The background players and Ben's best friends were great.  

The movie is only bearable when you realize that its based on a true story.  Yes, the idea is a good one, but it is only interesting to watch because you know it really happened.  I enjoyed unfolding the story and figuring out how these students beat Las Vegas.


No comments: